On 13/10/17 15:26, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

Sure, that's what everybody knows. But without going from generalities
to details of a specific extension, we're just speculating idly.

So lets do a little review of the things I have installed in one of my firefox instances that aren't currently firefox 57 compatible... This is after I've dumped some rarely used things that I decided were unlikely to get an update.

Cookie Monster

  Seemed to have been removed from AMO and no obvious replacement.

Download Manager (S3)

  Author reports it can't be ported due to lack of required APIs and
  the same presumably applies to the various similar extensions none
  of which show any sign of being ported. There are bugs open with
  mozilla for providing a toolbar API for this but they're not
  saying much other than "on the roadmap" which could mean anything.

Extension List Dumper 2

  Last update in January, no sign of an update or of an obvious
  replacement but only used occasionally.

NoScript

  Supposedly getting a five-to-midnight fix and other options are
  available if that doesn't happen.

NoSquint Plus

  Last update yesterday but no mention of WE plans on AMO page
  but Zoom Page WE is possible replacement.

pdfit

  Ancient and only in use because the (better) extension I used
  to use to save as PDF stopped working. Will likely replace with
  screenshots once that has "whole page" mode working.

Saved Password Editor

  Needs new APIs which are supposedly in the works but won't be
  available for 57 at least.

Tab Groups

  Author has stated (in a long rant) that he is not going to port
  to WE and that in any case the APIs will probably always be too
  limited for it to be possible.

View Cookies

  Last updated nearly two years ago with no signs of life and no
  obvious replacement.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)