RPH> I noticed in the Scripts languages section the ** absence ** of
RPH> /bin/sh (and not 'bash' with its 'bashisms'), and lua

There's no "Scripts languages" section in the packaging guidelines as
far as I'm aware.  Are you referring to the "Domain Specific Guidelines"
section at the end which lists separate guideline pages that exist?

And /bin/sh simply is bash in Fedora.

RPH> This may merit some discussion here before I edit the wiki

Well you can't edit Packaging:Guidelines (or other pages under
Packaging:), but you can file issues and submit drafts to the packaging
committee:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging_Committee
https://pagure.io/packaging-committee

 - J<