Hi,

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Neal Gompa <ngomp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 10:16 PM, Sérgio Basto <ser...@serjux.com> wrote:
> > Thank you Michael , btw about package naming IMHO webkitgtk4 should be
> > called webkit2gtk3 and for gtk4 webkit2gtk4
> >

> The webkitgtk4-devel package already provides pkgconfig(webkit2gtk-4.0).
>
> The GNOME system for naming pkg-config files is
> <name>-<major-ver-series>, so it's clearer with the pkgconfig name
> than the package name.
>
> The naming of the packages was especially dumb in Fedora. It might
> make sense to add some Provides that add sensible names, too.

The right name from upstream's POV (I talked to them when adding the
package to Fedora - and I was considering webkit2gtk3 as well) is
webkitgtk4 as the 4 on the ends means API version and it's not connected to
GTK+ version.

But during the last Web Engines Hackfest Michael was keen on renaming the
package to webkit2gtk3 (so we are ready for GTK+ 4 based WebKit).

Tom