On 21 January 2018 at 17:26, Stephen John Smoogen <smo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20 January 2018 at 21:00, Tomasz Kłoczko <kloczko.tom...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On 20 January 2018 at 23:26, Stephen John Smoogen <smo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > [..]
> >>
> >> As EPEL is the only reason I stay in Fedora.. I would like to make
> >> sure it doesn't cause developers that much problems. As such I would
> >> be interested in seeing if the macros that Neal said could be better
> >> implemented throughout the releases.
> >
> > Can you tell which one EPEL packages you are using?
>

> There isn't one EPEL package I use. I help run the group and I 'use'
> the packages that are in it for the Fedora Infrastructure to run. That
> goes from everything from stuff on EL6 for the ask.fedoraproject.org
> to EL7 for most other things.

So (quoting you) "As EPEL is the only reason I stay in Fedora" you want to
say that you are you are not interested at all Fedora but only some
EL6/EPEL packages.
Is that correct?
If it is common in case of EL7/EL6 EPEL packages consumers it is perfect
reason to not bother EPEL on master branch because Fedora has noting out
from such end users and keeping all EL6/EL7 adjustments are only slowing
down Fedora development by making specs less readable.

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH