On 2018-01-29 16:51, Richard Shaw wrote:
On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 8:37 AM, Florian Weimer <fwei...@redhat.com <mailto:fwei...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    I have reverted the -z defs change in rawhide.  A substantial number
    of underlinked binaries are still shipped in rawhide after this
    change, either due to explicit overrides or incomplete build flags
    injection. This means that it is necessary to review built RPM
packages for incorrectly linked binaries even after the change. Considering that -z defs also causes a lot of spurious build
    failures, it's probably not the way to go.

    (The work to enable -z defs is not lost—even after the revert,
    packages which have been fixed so far will remain fixed.)

Would it make sense (or be a lot of work) to include this in the Koschei integration?

Wouldn't that make it so packages with issues could be reported without creating a lot of FTBFS issues?

Making koschei builds use -z defs, while regular Fedora builds wouldn't use it, is not possible by design (koschei only requests the builds from koji, it cannot make changes to the spec and cannot alter the buildroot). But if the build only produced a warning (as suggested in other part of this thread), then it would be possible for koschei to parse the build log and indicate this somehow.
But I think taskotron is a better place for such checks.

Michael