On 15/02/18 22:10 -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On 02/15/2018 03:21 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2018-02-15 at 18:05 -0500, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

You have been doing it but have you been wanting to do it or just
doing it because no one else seems to do it when it is needed. Was it
an 'official' part of your job that no one documented or the
documentation was lost? And is it a job you have with a lot of
responsibility but no 'power' to do anything about?

Up until this conversation I thought the answer was "no one else was
doing it and someone had to, but I would much rather do the job people
pay me to do versus this".

I don't even know what the job people pay me to do *is* any more. :P

More people helping with things is always good, but I guess my concern
is that just throwing in a new person whose job is to 'co-ordinate'
isn't necessarily going to make anything any better, especially if that
person is just being randomly delegated by FESCo, isn't actually being
paid to do it full-time, and maybe doesn't have the experience of
having actually been doing it for years that some of us do have.

Yeah, I don't want that either... but I think it might help to spread
things around and increase communication if there's a known point of
contact for each release, so if you have some issue you can ask them and
they can at least find out whats going on, and that person knows they
should jump in on issues about the release they are looking after
without waiting/hoping someone else will. ;)

Yes, I think that makes sense. And it doesn't have to be some random,
inexperienced person appointed by FESCO. It could be one of you, adamw
and puiterwijk, rotating for each release. If in a couple of years
there's somebody else who's thrown themselves under that bus and shown
they have the skills and commitment to help, add them to the rota
(whether they like it or not ;-)