On 2018-03-22, 11:55 GMT, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> What you say, basically means you are questioning and deny the
> usefulness of packaging as a whole. The key feature which has
> made Linux distros great and superior to Windows.

I understand your point, but I just wonder whether there is
really sense in packaging everything under the sun with our
resources (human ones) are limited. Firefox/Thunderbird plugins,
vim/emacs ones (do you limit yourself with your $EDITOR just to
plugins provided by Fedora in RPMs?), and fast moving Java
programs with working Java Web Start, come to mind as things
which are not necessary to be packaged. A way less important
than things which have to be packaged (e.g., what is our story
of Nextcloud on EL6, which is still major server distro?).

Best,

Matěj
--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mc...@ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Only two of my personalities are schizophrenic, but one of them
is paranoid and the other one is out to get him.