On 04/16/2018 10:41 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a bit surprised that there's no reply to this fairly explosive
> idea. Maybe Nikos' text is too long, so let me summarize:

Well, I marked it to reply to, but just hadn't gotten to it yet. ;)
Not everyone can immediately answer list posts. :)

So, as it is mentioned downthread the problems I see with this is:

a) making sure we reliably detect if we are in a live system or not
and
b) services that have assumed our current behavior and are not useful,
or are even insecure when started by default.

I think a is solveable if it already hasn't been...

For b, we will want to have a long ramp (so perhaps make this a 29 or
even a f30 change) and just fix up these things that have problems
starting / being usable / being secure when started right after install.

I can see this being helpfull in some cases for sure.

kevin