On 2 May 2018 at 12:11, Marek Greško <mgres...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Randy, it is the same with nextcloud.

To keep people up to date ...

I figured I'd do owncloud first as that looked a simple single version jump ...

There was much pain that ensued trying to maintain the unbundling of
the PHP libraries as upstream have completely commingled the third
party libraries with their own code and it all uses the same
composer-loader ...

Several hours of trying to patch in the Fedora PHP autoloader and
extracting vendor libraries from upstream code and still massive
stacktraces of weird behaviour ...

Then my laptop went boom with disk failure ... I'm sure this was a
mere coincidence and not the poor Acer refusing to be abused any more
;)

New laptop purchased last weekend and based on the pain from before,
at least for the time being, I'm going to remove all the unbundling...
at least for the time being.

I'm obviously not going to push something that just goes boom ... so
depending on how testing goes in the next few days there will be
updates but I just commit to when.

If there is a clean PR that updates to just the next major version in
owncloud/nextcloud I will happily merge that ... do note that to
comply with guidelines we will need provides: bundled(foo) in the spec

So far, despite this long thread, there has still been no actual
assistance with these builds so I'll get to this when I'm able of
course.