On Mon, 2018-06-18 at 12:16 +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we plan to release systemd-239 wednesday-ish and it will be landing in
> rawhide. There's a bunch of new functionality, see
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/NEWS. As always, the
> majority of commits is cleanups and bugfixes and the polishing of
> existing functionality. A big new feature is "portable services",
> currently in preview mode. There are man pages, but an introductory
> blog story is planned around the time of the release, so you might
> want to wait for that.
>
> Please give it a try and report any bugs either in bugzilla [1] or
> upstream [2]. For testing, rpms are available from copr:
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/zbyszek/systemd/build/768345/.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I built a test Rawhide netinst image
with the updated systemd and ran it through openQA. It mostly worked,
but several of the tests failed with this error in anaconda:

22:13:42,713 INF threading: Thread Failed: AnaInstallThread (140332673541888)
22:13:42,713 DBG exception: running handleException
22:13:42,716 CRT exception: Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/gi/overrides/BlockDev.py", line 843,
in wrapped
    ret = orig_obj(*args, **kwargs)

  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/gi/overrides/BlockDev.py", line 465,
in lvm_vgcreate
    return _lvm_vgcreate(name, pv_list, pe_size, extra)

GLib.GError: g-dbus-error-quark: Waiting for 'VgCreate' method of the
'/com/redhat/lvmdbus1/Manager' object to finish failed: Failed to get Complete
property of the / object: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod:
Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties"
doesn't exist
 (19)

it seems like an intermittent error, as not all the tests that create
LVM VGs failed, and restarting the failed tests mostly resulted in
passes...but I don't think we've seen this particular error, even as an
intermittent one, in recent Rawhide tests with systemd 238, so it seems
like it *could* be caused by the update. Any idea where this may be
coming from?

Here's one of the failed tests:

https://openqa.stg.fedoraproject.org/tests/318564

all log files etc. can be found on the "Logs & Assets" tab.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey