On Di, 19.06.18 22:22, Adam Williamson (adamw...@fedoraproject.org) wrote:

> On Mon, 2018-06-18 at 12:16 +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > we plan to release systemd-239 wednesday-ish and it will be landing in
> > rawhide. There's a bunch of new functionality, see
> > https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/NEWS. As always, the
> > majority of commits is cleanups and bugfixes and the polishing of
> > existing functionality. A big new feature is "portable services",
> > currently in preview mode. There are man pages, but an introductory
> > blog story is planned around the time of the release, so you might
> > want to wait for that.
> >
> > Please give it a try and report any bugs either in bugzilla [1] or
> > upstream [2]. For testing, rpms are available from copr:
> > https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/zbyszek/systemd/build/768345/.
>
> Thanks for the heads up on this. I built a test Rawhide netinst image
> with the updated systemd and ran it through openQA. It mostly worked,
> but several of the tests failed with this error in anaconda:
>
> 22:13:42,713 INF threading: Thread Failed: AnaInstallThread (140332673541888)
> 22:13:42,713 DBG exception: running handleException
> 22:13:42,716 CRT exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/gi/overrides/BlockDev.py", line
> 843, in wrapped
>     ret = orig_obj(*args, **kwargs)
>
>   File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/gi/overrides/BlockDev.py", line
> 465, in lvm_vgcreate
>     return _lvm_vgcreate(name, pv_list, pe_size, extra)
>
> GLib.GError: g-dbus-error-quark: Waiting for 'VgCreate' method of the
> '/com/redhat/lvmdbus1/Manager' object to finish failed: Failed to get
> Complete property of the / object:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Get" with
> signature "ss" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist
>  (19)
>
> it seems like an intermittent error, as not all the tests that create
> LVM VGs failed, and restarting the failed tests mostly resulted in
> passes...but I don't think we've seen this particular error, even as an
> intermittent one, in recent Rawhide tests with systemd 238, so it seems
> like it *could* be caused by the update. Any idea where this may be
> coming from?

Hmm, this doesn't look like a systemd issue to me. This is a dbus
method call failure of some form. The dbus client and the dbus service
in this case are not provided by systemd, and neither is the dbus
message bus in between. Hence systemd doesn't really insert itself in
any form in the ongoing communication between this IPC client and
server.

That said, systemd is involved in service activation if the service
isn't around yet at the time the client asks for the service. However,
judging by the provided logs
(https://openqa.stg.fedoraproject.org/tests/318564/file/_do_install_and_reboot-syslog)
the activation of the lvmdbus1 service actually completes fine.

Hence, this is somewhere between the message bus, and the LVM client
and server.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat