On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 at 01:12, Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com> wrote:
[..]
> a 36 post long thread in Feb.
>
> You posted the idea to it of now using "gcc" but some macro, but the
> change owner and at least one other person replied and didn't feel it
> was worthwhile as we have no plans to move away from gcc.

Yeah .. as many engineers technically I'm really sometimes unable to
continue conversation when someone brings to the table own feelings
and not something which possible to prove/disprove :-L
So few people have been trying to bring some arguments but original
plan has not been changed even by milometer ..
Only thing done after this seems was actual impact estimation to form
full list of packages spec files which will be necessary to change and
in no one head it does not touched any bells that maybe number of
packages is a bit to big. No doubts .. and all sceptic have been
treated as annoying bees.
As you see more or less it was kind of monologues of few people ..

I'm trying only to tell that it would be good to not conduct any such
mass change the same way.
Making mistakes is not the problem, and only repeating them is
something really unacceptable.
Definitely have +4 months quiet period after initial discussion with
incomplete at this point documentation and after this sudden/instant
change wasn't the best way .. isn't it?

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH