On 07/11/2018 07:37 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Igor Gnatenko wrote:
>> A lot of packages in 2018 are not written in C/C++
>
> … and this is the problem that needs fixing.
>
> It is just a PITA to have packages dragging in more and more interpreters
> and/or language runtimes. The slowness and lack of compile-time type safety
> of interpreted languages are also a big problem.

(donning a Rust Evangelism cape)
So I hear you like compile-time safety...

No, I don't seriously want to get into a language comparison here,
except to say that it's reasonable for the world to expand beyond C/C++,
even for compiled languages.

And back on topic, rustc currently requires cc as a linker anyway.