When you wrote about mock configuration previously, I answered:
> Thanks, that's a good point. Do you know where this is configured?

This was me taking the issue seriously. I haven't started working on
this yet because it got bumped to F30, but I keep a list of all the
points raised, including this one.

> > These three locales are not enough because Brew builders have
> > en_US.UTF-8 locale that is propagated to mock and then into rpmbuild.
> > That means all the build have set en_US.UTF-8 locale. If you stop
> > installing the locale things will blow up.
> >
> > Either install glibc-langpack-en or change Brew locale first or edit
> > every spec file to set LC_ALL explicitly.
>
> NB, some apps will explicitly force locale to en_US.UTF-8 in order to
> ensure their output artifacts are stable & repeatable, and/or to work
> around bugs in tools they run.

If they do it even though a different locale is configured, they are buggy.
Worst case, if some packages are built using tools which simply
require en_US.UTF-8, a BR: glibc-langpack-en can be added to them.
I don't expected that this would be necessary in more than a handful of cases.

Zbyszek