On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 01:53:50PM +0900, Jens-Ulrik Petersen wrote:
> Hi Zbigniew, nice to meet you at Flock.
>
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 5:30 AM Ben Cotton <bcot...@redhat.com> wrote:
>

> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Remove_glibc-langpacks-all_from_buildroot
> >
> > == Summary ==
> > glibc-minimal-langpack is added to @Buildsystem group and installed
> > into the minimal buildroot instead of glibc-all-langpacks. Packages
> > which need more locales than plain C/C.UTF-8/POSIX need to pull them
> > in through BuildRequires.
> >

> I think not installing  glibc-all-langpacks by default in the Koji
> buildroot makes good sense but how about replacing it in the first instance
> with glibc-langpack-en?
>
> A quick grep over spec files reveals:
> > ```
> > $ rg -l 'LC_CTYPE=[^C]' *.spec | wc -l
> > 11
> > $ rg -l 'LC_ALL=[^C]' *.spec | wc -l
> > 42
> > ```
> >

> Also:
> $ grep -l -e LANG=en *.spec | wc -l
> 99

I patched all the spec files with LC_{ALL,CTYPE}= locally, and rebuilt
them, and they all work just fine with C.utf8 (or fail to build for
unrelated reasons). I'll do the same for the ones with LANG=, but I
expect the result to be the same.  glibc-langpack-en is noticeably
larger, so I think that if we're doing it, we might just as well do it
"properly".

Zbyszek