Excerpts from Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek's message of 2018-08-28 08:38 +00:00:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 04:56:58PM +1000, Dan Callaghan wrote:
> > What does it mean for a package to be owned by orphan while it still
> > has other admins who are real people?
> >
> > Is this some kind of edge case where the package was owned by
> > a maintainer who was inactive, and thus their packages got "orphaned",
> > even though there are still other maintainers? Is there any record where
> > we can see when or why these changes were made?
>
> Hi,
>
> FESCo voted yesterday to "send info to all co-maintainers and
> fedora-devel, [...] after a week reassign to one co-maintainer, if no
> co-maintainers, retire". The text in Till's mail was not adjusted to
> reflect this. Nevertheless, the plan is to do what was voted.
>
> The reason why we don't just reassign all packages to co-maintainers
> right now is that often it's not clear which if any of the other
> maintainers are active. So in this first round we ask people to
> take ownership explicitly, and will do the automatic procedure for
> the rest.
>
> > And is the solution here that one of the existing co-maintainers should
> > just go into the Pagure settings and click... some button to become the
> > "main admin" so that it's no longer orphaned?
>
> Unfortunately there is no "button" in pagure, and the process to take
> a package is a manual releng ticket.
>
> Yeah, it's all quite a bit more manual and messy than it should be.

Thanks for the explanation, this was the context I was missing.

I have filed a ticket about reassigning python-configobj, we can sort it
out between the existing co-maintainers (whichever are still active) in
the ticket:

https://pagure.io/releng/issue/7727

--
Dan Callaghan <dcall...@redhat.com>
Senior Software Engineer, Products & Technologies DevOps