On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 9:41 PM Máirín Duffy <du...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > On Wed, 2018-09-26 at 11:04 +0000, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > Even though I do this, I find it helpful to be able to completely
> > destroy the VM and re-create it, knowing that all the information to
> > re-create it is in git (via the Vagrantfile + Ansible playbook). Before
> > I used it, I would lose time occasionally managing my development VMs,
> > or trying to get them working again if something went wrong. Now when
> > something goes wrong, I don't even bother trying to figure it out - I
> > just destroy and re-create.
>
> So this destroy and re-create philosophy is very counter to my past
> development practices :( Does Vagrant have anything built in to set it up
> with an Ansible playbook?

Probably this[1] is helpful for you.

Regarding the GUI, I think vagrant could be looked like a frontend
which sends requests to backend to create or destroy VMs as well as
other operations. So, for different backends, its own GUI could be
used to manage VMs. It could be virt-manager, VirtualBox, or even the
OpenStack website if you use vagrant to create VMs in openstack.

[1] https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/provisioning/ansible.html

> ~m

Regards,
Chenxiong Qi