On Saturday, October 13, 2018 7:34:44 PM EDT Chris Murphy wrote:
> Good catch. It's vaguely possible there's a bug in either shim 15-5
> or grub2-efi 2.02-58 as it relates to your firmware, that caused
> it to silently fail, and the firmware did a fallback to the 2nd
> BootOrder, which is the Ubuntu entry.

I want to emphasize that it was *not* boot order that changed.  I
manually attempted to boot Fedora, but it failed (oh how I wish I had
paid attention to the details).

Anyway, I can manually change the boot order to either OS and it
respects my change.  My problem was something else entirely since a
manual change didn't boot Fedora.

I may try the manual downgrade, if I get time.  I am usually
physically away from this system so I will retrieve the old versions
and be ready when I can get the time.

Again, thank you for your thoughtful follow-ups.

--
Garry T. Williams