On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 7:58 AM Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mail...@laposte.net> wrote:

> Le vendredi 09 novembre 2018 à 20:36 -0600, Martin Jackson a écrit :
> > Hello everyone, and thanks to one and all for a remarkable
> > distribution!
> >
> > With the coverage of the freeworld fontconfig enhancements, I wonder
> > if
> > some of the configuration settings currently implemented in
> > https://github.com/silenc3r/fedora-better-fonts will be considered as
> > defaults?
> >

> A lot of this are just individual font packages that just wait for
> someone to pick up and maintain within Fedora. It does not depend on any
> fontconfig change

There is some fontconfig changes[1][2].

Most of these fonts look like they are licensed appropriately, the
only problem is the Ubuntu fonts, which have been noted to have a
non-free license[3] (unless someone can get Canonical to fix it). In
theory, we have a Fonts SIG[4], but it seems to be defunct.

Does anyone actually take care of our fonts stuff anymore?

[1]:
https://github.com/silenc3r/fedora-better-fonts/tree/master/fontconfig-enhanced-defaults
[2]:
https://github.com/silenc3r/fedora-better-fonts/tree/master/fontconfig-font-replacements