On Monday, January 7, 2019 1:29:42 PM EST Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 12:30:53PM -0500, John Harris wrote:
>
> > > The Fedora community cares about privacy and is adverse to tracking
> > > measures. We don't want to track; just count.
> >
> > If this is ever implemented, we should probably notify end users and
> > provide
 an easy way to disable this. If you pass an identifier, that
> > enables client tracking.
>

> I agree -- it'll go in the release notes, docs, and probably also dnf
> configuration files as a comment.
>

> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mat...@fedoraproject.org>
> Fedora Project Leader

Not only that, but we must also make sure that Anaconda does not use this
UUID, or provides an option not to use the UUID. If we do not, users don't
even have the chance to opt-out before their data is collected.

--
John M. Harris, Jr. <joh...@splentity.com>
Splentity