On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 1:00 PM Stephen John Smoogen <smo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To try and make this clearer: The script is looking for chains of
> orphans. If X is orphaned and your package currently (build)requires
> it.. your package will be affected when it gets dropped. Either you
> have to help someone take over that package, take that package over
> yourself, fix the package to not require it, or drop your package. [I
> am probably missing an option or two but those look like the major
> ones.]

One other solution (IMHO the best): work towards making modules
available in "ursine" buildroots. plexus-utils is a modular package
and I will continue to maintain it as part of modules. Making it
possible to use modular packages as build dependencies will allow
plexus-utils (and hundreds of other packages) to be safely retired
without affecting other packages.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski