On Sat, 02 Mar 2019, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
On Sat, Mar 02, 2019 at 08:03:21AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Sat, 2019-03-02 at 16:59 +0100, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 10:22:51AM +0100, Miroslav Such?? wrote:
> > Do you want to make Fedora 30 better? Please spend 1 minute of your time
and try to run:
> > sudo dnf --releasever=30 --setopt=module_platform_id=platform:f30
> > If you get this prompt:
> > ...
> > Total download size: XXX M
> > Is this ok [y/N]:
> > you can answer N and nothing happens, no need to test the real upgrade.
Upgrades will be fine for you.
> > But very likely you get some dependency problem now. In that case please
report it against appropriate package.
> 15 problems??? ceph, freeipa, sssd, mainly in conjuction with python2
> So core elements of distribution ??? I guess it is not worth to file bugs
> for them, it could hardly be overlook during normal QA process.
No, please do file bugs if you have the time.
All right, then.
Problem 6: package python2-ipaclient-4.7.2-1.1.fc29.noarch requires
freeipa-client-common = 4.7.2-1.1.fc29, but none of the providers can be
- freeipa-client-common-4.7.2-1.1.fc29.noarch does not belong to a distupgrade
- problem with installed package python2-ipaclient-4.7.2-1.1.fc29.noarch
Problem 7: package python2-ipalib-4.7.2-1.1.fc29.noarch requires freeipa-common
= 4.7.2-1.1.fc29, but none of the providers can be installed
- freeipa-common-4.7.2-1.1.fc29.noarch does not belong to a distupgrade
- problem with installed package python2-ipalib-4.7.2-1.1.fc29.noarch
Problem 8: package python2-libipa_hbac-2.0.0-5.fc29.x86_64 requires libipa_hbac
= 2.0.0-5.fc29, but none of the providers can be installed
- libipa_hbac-2.0.0-5.fc29.x86_64 does not belong to a distupgrade repository
- problem with installed package python2-libipa_hbac-2.0.0-5.fc29.x86_64
* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1684819 *
Problem 9: package python2-libsss_nss_idmap-2.0.0-5.fc29.x86_64 requires
libsss_nss_idmap = 2.0.0-5.fc29, but none of the providers can be installed
- libsss_nss_idmap-2.0.0-5.fc29.x86_64 does not belong to a distupgrade
- problem with installed package python2-libsss_nss_idmap-2.0.0-5.fc29.x86_64
* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1684820 *
For both freeipa and sssd bugs above we already have %obsolete
statements in fedora-obsolete-packages in F30 and rawhide. It is
interesting that this is not enough. However, I have no idea what should
be done here to make those obsoletes working properly.
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer
Security / Identity Management Engineering
Red Hat Limited, Finland
devel mailing list -- firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an email to devel-le...@lists.fedoraproject.org
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://getfedora.org/code-of-conduct.html
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines