Replying in general.

While it's never been entirely the same, I'd also like our mock
configs to be as close to koji environment as possible.  In the
current situation that would mean no modules being available.

Once/if we proceed with one of the
modules-in-the-non-modular-buildroot proposals, I would like them
to include the same module set that is available in the
non-modular buildroot in koji.

If you're building content that depends on modular packages at
this point, you should be building a module anyway.  In that case
your local MBS manages the build and pulls the relevant packages
for you.

But I also kinda like the idea of having two configs -- one that
aims to somewhat replicate the koji experience and one that's
close to installations.  Not sure if there's really any value in
it, though.