I just upgraded my machine from F29 to F30.  Now, whenever I install a new
kernel, the new kernel does not automatically become the default.  In other
words, when I reboot, the previous kernel is still chosen by grub2.

I can manually choose the new kernel in the grub2 menu, at which point it
_does_ become the new default.  I don't wind up at the "grub>" prompt, so I
think grub2 itself is fine.  It is just that the grubenv is not updated when
the new kernel is installed.

The machine has UEFI, but the system boots using the legacy BIOS compatibility
layer.  I know that the boot mechanism changed a bit for F30, but I'm not sure
where to look to identify the cause of this problem.  It doesn't seem to be the
same issue as described in BZ 1652806.

        Steve