On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 12:45 PM Jiri Vanek <jva...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 7/15/19 11:34 AM, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
> > Hello, Dridi Boukelmoune.
> >
> > Mon, 15 Jul 2019 08:26:59 +0000 you wrote:
> >
> >> Emulate as in not run natively even though the hardware might be able to?
> >
> > Sorry for misinformation. Wine64 is still require 32-bit libraries in
> > order to run legacy 32-bit Windows PE executables.
> >
> > https://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#Is_there_a_64_bit_Wine.3F
>
> Exactly. I really do not understand this rush change. The original change, to
> remove only 32 kernel
> is definitely the way to go. But This one, should be postponded to f32, with
> much better contingency
> plan.

I agree. No longer building kernels and composing bootable images for
i686 is a relatively small change with limited user impact.
But stopping to compose i686 repositories at all, which means adapting
multiple processes (mock, copr, etc.), is throwing out the baby with
the bathwater.

(I for one am still semi-regularly building stuff in the mock
fedora-rawhide-i686 chroots, especially for testing if things still
work on 32bit systems (be it armv7hl or i686) - I know that this will
probably continue to work somehow, but making it more complicated is
hostile to developers and packagers who care about their packages
working on all architectures.)

Fabio