On 7/18/19 10:28 AM, Zdenek Dohnal wrote:

> On 7/18/19 4:10 PM, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
>> Hello, Zdenek Dohnal.
>>
>> Thu, 18 Jul 2019 15:51:33 +0200 you wrote:
>>
>>> Even the new .spec files, which do not have to be RPM spec files?
>>> Because Vim provides spec template for such cases.
>> I never used this feature, so I think it can be disabled by default.
> That's the thing which I asked for opinion on, not about syntax
> highlighting.

Ah - now I understand.  I thought you were asking about syntax highlighting.

I had never noticed the feature of creating a new spec file from a template,
because I have my own .vimrc file, so the /etc/vimrc file has no effect for me.

I think having a template for just this single file type is kind of "strange".
I'd personally be fine with removing that line from /etc/vimrc.  I'd expect
users who want templates to set them up for themselves, rather than forcing
users to disable templates they don't want.

        Steve