On 7/18/19 6:44 PM, Steven A. Falco wrote:
> On 7/18/19 10:28 AM, Zdenek Dohnal wrote:
>>
>> On 7/18/19 4:10 PM, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:

>>> I never used this feature, so I think it can be disabled by default.
>> That's the thing which I asked for opinion on, not about syntax
>> highlighting.
>
> Ah - now I understand.  I thought you were asking about syntax highlighting.
>
> I had never noticed the feature of creating a new spec file from a template,
> because I have my own .vimrc file, so the /etc/vimrc file has no effect for
> me.

That's not true (at least on my machine). I have my own .vimrc and yet
the template is loaded when I create a new spec.

> I think having a template for just this single file type is kind of
> "strange".  I'd personally be fine with removing that line from /etc/vimrc.
> I'd expect users who want templates to set them up for themselves, rather
> than forcing users to disable templates they don't want.

Yes, that's exactly what I thought. We also have rpmdev-newspec, which I
typically use if I create a spec file for a Fedora package. It's
irritating that they're different.

Kind regards,
Till