On 16. 07. 19 20:18, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
Good Morning,

We posted this [1] blog today and want to open a mailing thread to garner
feedback, field questions and get some thoughts from the Community on
the approach that we in Community Platform Engineering (CPE) are taking.

[1]
https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/application-service-categories-and-community-handoff/

What happens to Pagure? Specifically the dist-git over Pagure part?

If it stays, the front page of a package st src.fp.o might get more love and replace apps.fp.o, the Issues tab could be a page that replaaces bugz.fp.o, etc.

That said, I'm afraid Pagure might get replaced as well, correct?

Anyway, I respect your decisions and I understand that maintaining everything was not sustainable. However I guess that if we replace Pagure with e.g. GitLab and all our customization is gone, if the Wiki explodes and nobody will ever fix it, if mailman3 goes away and is replaced by some contracted solution, and when Badges die, it will be a sad day for the Fedora contributor community, possibly making contributing to Fedora even harder than it become over the past few years.

Personally, I wish we had spent less engineering time in infrastructure on Modularity and more on the contributor UX :(

I hope this transition will go as smoothly as possible. Good luck guys!

(And please keep in mind that even if I criticize some things a lot, I still consider you Fedora superheros.)

--
Miro Hrončok