https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/rpm/pull-request/12

> It would be nice if we could get by without requiring openldap and
> krb5-libs but I suspect we'd have to be Gentoo to reach that level of
> minimization.

We can actually get rid out of this using `libcurl-minimal`, but it is
not easy to teach DNF to replace libcurl-minimal with libcurl without
explicit --allowerasing on the command line.

> It would also be nice to see libdb excised, but it's still a core
> requirement for rpm.  The only other things that need it are cyrus-sasl
> and pam, both of which would do without it with some additional
> subpackage splitting, I think.
>
> It's interesting that gawk is only there because of krb5-libs, but I
> don't see why.  Nothing in that package seems to call awk.  That's about
> 3.5MB.

It seems that it used to be Requires(triggerun), then for some reason
it was moved into Requires. I don't see any reason why it would be
needed for krb5-libs from the first try.