On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 08:07:33AM +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> Yep. Not every package is the same. For stuff like simple
> python/nodejs/rust/ruby/perl/… packages, I know that the only thing
> I do is mechanically bump the version and rebuild. I don't take a careful
> look at the changes in the package, I don't do any non-automated checks;
> if it builds, it gets shipped. For such packages, there really would be
> no difference if a bot was doing all the steps I'm doing now.

That's the thing which I think we're missing, how much of our packages are
simple: bump & rebuild? (40%, 50%, 75%?)
Automating the build from a commit and the update from a build was very much
something I thought would be useful for these packages.

The challenge is to find a way to improve this simple workflow without
penalizing the more complex ones.

Pierre