On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 12:54:56PM +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:

> Dne 07. 10. 19 v 12:00 Pierre-Yves Chibon napsal(a):

> >> It is, but I am afraid that then we will have Foo, foo, FOO and fOo
> >> repositories and we won't be able to get rid of them for similar reasons
> >> we are not allowed to delete branches in current dist-git.
> > You are allowed to force-push/delete branches in your fork.
>

> To be able to have the fork, you have to have the repository to fork
> from. So I can imagine there will be process like "open ticket for
> releng and fill this template". But I can't imagine it will be reviewed
> by relengs, when they currently don't review the repo names and
> therefore we have issues like:
>
> https://pagure.io/releng/issue/7523

Hm, that sounds plausible/likely but then it means we're not making it worst,
just as bad.
Any idea how we could improve on this?

> > So if the issue is found before the review is approved this should be fine,
> > no?
> >
> >> Also this ignores possible issues with patented or inappropriately
> >> licensed code.
> > If the code is patented or with an inappropriate license, this should be
> > caught
> > by the review no?
> > If so, then once the fork and its destination project are deleted we should
> > be
> > fine again, no?
> >
> > Note: I'm not proposing that we allow/encourage uploading to the lookaside
> > cache
> > with this workflow,
>

> But where will you get the sources to build the package then? Yes, for
> simple cases, you can use the source URL to fetch the tarball, but I
> assume that this will work approx just for 50 % packages.

We could include it in the PR description as we're doing with bugzilla tickets
now.
And fetching from the URL automatically and running some tests for it would
still give us a 50% improvement then.

Pierre