On to, 17 loka 2019, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 17. 10. 19 2:27, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
So, literally every word of this is wrong. The negative feedback is
not "overwhelming". It is approximately four noisy individuals, all of
whom have expressed zero interest in understanding the actual
situation that they are trying to "fix" by endlessly insulting the
people working on the problem. Demoralizing the people who can dig us
out of this situation is an unwise strategy.

Let me make this clear: I have a technical opinion (default modular streams are the wrong thing to do). If we are not considering that opinion, because it insults the people who have implemented the technical thing, we are making it personal.
The one thing we are using default modular stream in RHEL 8 for is to be
able to provide access to packages in kickstart that were moved to
modules in RHEL 8. An example is idm:client stream which is a default
module stream in RHEL 8 exactly for this reason, to be able to install
ipa-client package and enroll a system into IPA from a kickstart file.

We don't package FreeIPA in modules in Fedora yet but this is one of
real examples how default module streams are helpful to maintain
coherent user experience for existing users of kickstart files.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer