Charalampos Stratakis wrote:
>> From: "Vít Ondruch" <vondr...@redhat.com>
>> 1) Apparently, there is some work which needs to be done on the
>> toolchain. Applying workarounds just hides the issues and we won't move
>> forward ever.
>
> I think it's more reasonable to do a small SPEC change in Python to
> achieve a 27% performance boost, than wait for the toolchain to catch up
> on things that are not well defined yet. I don't see that as a valid
> reason for not accepting the change, although you might want to elaborate
> further here.

Sorry, but I'm with Vít there. If Python is running into toolchain
limitations, the goal should be to work on improving the toolchain, not to
add a hack with side effects (bloat, compatibility issues) to the Python
package, a hack with which we will then get stuck with forever (because you
admitted yourself that you do not intend it to be temporary).

        Kevin Kofler