On 14. 11. 19 18:57, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 06:43:42PM +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 14. 11. 19 18:36, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 06:08:52PM +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 09. 10. 19 22:46, Ben Cotton wrote:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Modules_In_Non-Modular_Buildroot

Enable module default streams in the buildroot repository for modular
and non-modular RPMs.

== Summary ==
This Change (colloquially referred to as "Ursa Prime") enables the
Koji build-system to include the RPM artifacts provided by module
default streams in the buildroot when building non-modular (or
"traditional") RPMs.

I have one more technical concern.

Suppose a packager decides to package the "mycoolapp" software as a
non-modular package. "mycoolapp" is written in Python, it builds
again non-modular Python, currently 3.8, it requires "python(abi) =
3.8" on runtime.

Hmm, and what about an even simpler case:
"myswankyapp" is also written in Python, and is packaged as a module.
Python is rebuilt in a side tag, then the module blocks the upgrade.
What is supposed to happen in that case?

The module is rebuilt after the side tag is merged. Al least that is
what I think happened with avocado when we upgraded to Python 3.8.

Automatically? And if the build fails?

I don't think so. I think somebody actually went and did it. CCing Merlin.

--
Miro Hrončok