On 11/26/19 8:34 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
On Tue, 2019-11-26 at 20:49 -0500, Chris wrote:
I just wanted to poll you for some advice.  My notification tool I maintain supports more than 50+ services now, but the only package isolation I do within 2 RPMs.  One for the actual CLI (for admin's who want to use it) and the other is for the backend library (for Devs). I only ask because each supported service is very modular.

Effectively every single file in "apprise/plugins/Notify*.py" is it's own plugin-able module.  You can add/remove content into here and the tool adapts. Thus the sub-packages would only include 1 file per RPM.

Is it advisable to go this route? I presume there is no easy way to transition without breaking users existing setup? I don't know what the d/l stats are; so there may not be a large enough audience to even need to worry about this?

What are your thoughts and/or advice?

IMHO don't do a sub-package if you haven't a good reason , what is the benefit ?

It would be difficult to transition. You would have to make sure it installs all the subpackages if someone already has the package installed. The only benefit to breaking it up is if certain modules require other packages. Those ones could be split off.