Your reply completely lacks any point. Why is TeX Live the best example of
what
to avoid when packaging in Fedora?

Having 50+ subpackages is perfectly justified once there is a reason why.
For TeX Live it is that upstream (CTAN) actually maintains package
dependencies and they do add and remove packages from different TeX Live
collections, e.g. LaTeX, XeTeX, etc. That means the complete package set is
actually generated from upstream metadata to give users freedom to not to
install hundreds of MBs of stuff they don't need - as it was previously
with teTeX. And also to be automatically synced with upstream.

Jindrich