Le 2019-11-29 11:39, Felix Schwarz a écrit :
Am 29.11.19 um 11:18 schrieb Miro Hrončok:
My effort is to raise the awareness about he failure. Despite my large effort,
I cannot possibly fix all the build failures in Fedora.

I just wanted to mention that I appreciate your efforts.

I think the "fallout" from retired packages may be a symptom I noticed in the past months: It seems as if a lot of Fedora maintainers are actually not participating anymore. With the FTBFS/retirement policy this is just easier to
see.

Speaking as a long-term contributor it’s quite hard to find the motivation to continue contributing, when the external communication of the project has been taken over by people keen to push flatpacks, and pretend the work I already did rpm-side has so little value it can be easily replaced. And the internal communication of the project has been taken over by module grand plans, which are the same, replacing flatpacks with modules.

Sometimes, it is very tempting to say “to hell with all that, if all those people are so focused on NiH and taking over, and willing to rebuild everything from scratch in their own pet incompatible tech, let them do it and find their own contributors. We’ll see if they still dismiss concerns of current contributors when *they* have to do the work.”

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot