Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kof...@chello.at> said:
> Well, in practice, a provenpackager can usually get away with just pushing
> stuff as long as nobody complains, and in particular with just pushing
> pretty much anything to effectively unmaintained packages. :-) And I don't
> really see a problem with that.

I think the problem is that unmaintained packages are still
unmaintained; drive-by changes by provenpackagers are not actual
maintenance, because that's not a scalable organization (expecting
provenpackagers to do all maintenance on random packages).

It's awesome that people are will to be provenpackagers and try to do
that, but IMHO it's not a system that's destined to succeed.  In the
long term, it's probably better for unmaintained packages to be removed
and to focus on actively maintained packages.  Occasional provenpackager
changes are fine; if that's all a package gets, that's not good.
--
Chris Adams <li...@cmadams.net>