On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 5:46 AM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I'd like to know whether it makes sense to continue maintaining and producing
> the Fedora Python Classroom Lab.

I can't answer that question for you, but I can address a few of the below:

>   - no issue tracker, I don't even know if there are users with issues
>     - there has simple been close to zero feedback, maybe nobody uses this?

Maybe? I recently created a component in Bugzilla for IoT. I can do
that for Classroom Lab, too. I've been talking with mattdm about doing
that for all of our editions, spins, and labs, we just haven't decided
on the approach yet.

>   - the website is horribly outdated:
> https://pagure.io/fedora-websites/issue/962

In the absence of a thriving website team, I've blocked out a few
hours next week to take care of some of the easier web tasks, so this
should be fixed soon.

>   - some Fedora versions weren't built:
>     - I wasn't notified when F29 wasn't built
>     - there was no way to get it fixed ex-post
>     - https://pagure.io/releng/issue/7922

No good answers here, but I think everyone agrees this is something we
want to have fixed.

>   - Docker is broken
>     - one of the main ideas was to produce a Docker image
>     - the Docker instructions on the download page [4] are not working
>     - not even when replaced with podman
>     - I have no idea how to fix it
>     - I know no way to upload to official dockerhub [5]
>
>   - Vagrant experience is not good enough
>     - one of the main ideas was to produce a Vagrant box/image
>     - I know no way to upload to official Vagrant thing [6]
>     - downloading the box manually is tedious

I can't help here either, but if there's something I can do to help
you make connections or find the resources, please let me know.

> The absolute lack of feedback makes is hard to dedicate time to actually
> persuade and fix the problems.

I understand that. The Python Classroom Lab is a great example of what
we'd like to enable people to do in Fedora, but if you don't have the
motivation or there's no user base, I'm sure you have a long list of
other things you'd like to work on. :-)

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His