Le jeudi 05 décembre 2019 à 16:42 -0700, John M. Harris Jr a écrit :

> Why in the world was Docker removed? Docker is the most popular
> container
> technology, so if we must embrace the "container" systems, why not
> include the most popular in Fedora?

Because moby (née docker) is a trainwreck on the technical side (sky-
high bundling of git snapshots, with disagreement on the correct
snapshot to bundle between various components, that make maintaining
docker, and pulling it forward, for example for changes cgroup-side, a
major endeavour).

In other words: classical technical debt accumulations. Lots of
unhealthy technical compromises, to be first to market, and get adopted
(that worked fine), and no plan to deal with what happens afterwards
(long term maintenance, evolution, and support).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot