On Mon, Dec 09, 2019 at 05:15:36PM +0100, Jun Aruga wrote:
> > Existing status will be migrated from the fedora-scm-requests repo on
> > pagure to
> use this drop-down.
> > Using the fedora-scm-requests repo for the anitya integration will no
> > longer be
> supported.
>
> Thank you for the anitya integration feature.
>
> I have 2 questions. After the migration will be finished,
>
> 1.  When just changing the "Monitoring status" drop-down button to
> "Monitoring" is good enough to receive the email "[Bug NNNNNNN]
> <package-name>-<version> is available"?

`Monitoring` means: you get a bugzilla ticket
`Monitoring and scrach builds` means: you get the bugzilla ticket and an
    attempt to do a scratch build for the new version
`No-Monitoring` means: nothing happens when a new version is detected

> Following steps are replaced with it, right?
>
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upstream_release_monitoring
> >
> > Get bug reports for a project's releases in Fedora's Bugzilla with three
> > steps:
> >
> > 1. Add the project to anitya.
> > 2. Map the project to a Fedora package in anitya.
> > 3. File a pull-request on the releng/fedora-scm-requests repo to tweak the
> > monitoring setting for your packages.

Correct, that wiki page should be updated, these steps are no longer needed.

> 2. Is it possible to put a link of a package's Antiya project page
> around "Monitoring status" of the rpm/foo page?
> It looks useful to know and edit the setting easily.
>
> For example. rpms/ruby https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/ruby
>   => https://release-monitoring.org/project/4223/

Technically doable, however, release-monitoring is distro agnostic, so I do not
know if upstream will want to put too much Fedora specific content in it.

Adding a link from dist-git to release-monitoring should be easier, I even seem
to remember that pkgdb2 used to do that, I'll have to see how it was doing it.

Pierre