On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 9:04 AM Nicolas Chauvet <kwiz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le mer. 15 janv. 2020 à 15:52, Richard Shaw <hobbes1...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 8:50 AM Nicolas Chauvet <kwiz...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> which I believe is causing most of the problems.

> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/RMWY7KZIPWNOYPZE7ZOHEZGCN334T2BW/#RMWY7KZIPWNOYPZE7ZOHEZGCN334T2BW

> based for Fedora 30/31 but FreeCAD needs Coin4. FreeCAD doesn't actually
> use SoQt (but Quarter instead) but also requires Pivy at runtime which
> pulls in the rest of the Coin3 stack.

> dependency problem? At least on Fedora 31? I don't need them for Rawhide so
> I would want to make sure they were obsoleted once f32 is released.

> released?

> and don't know how to "fix" it at this point, other than t....
> >> You can downgrade freecad to the appropriate version that still uses
> >> Coin3, then keep the Coin4 version for f32.
> >

> > Well the bug is actually in Coin3. SVG imports/exports cause a segfault,
> not really FreeCAD version specific I'm afraid, but I may have to live with
> a "lesser problem" as this point.
>
> Well, at this step the error is located in your FreeCAD compilation
> since, as I understand, you cannot have a process to load two
> differents versions of the same library (unless using symbol version
> which Coin3/4 doesn't use).

Well, that's where things get muddy. The current version only loads Coin4
(libCoin.so.80), Pivy loads Coin3 (libCoin.so.60) but Pivy is a Python
library so I was hoping I could get away with it. Initial testing seemed to
indicate it would but several bugzilla tickets later maybe not.

> So there is no bug analysis beyond that. (side note, your older
> FreeCAD RPM has Coin.so.60 as DTNEEDED, so you actually directly links
> to Coin3. not via a 3rd part dependency).

Yes, my initial testing with Coin4 was in my COPR.

> Is this Coin3 issue a regression or has the problem always existed in
> the f30/f31 livetime ?

Always as far as I know, just wasn't a problem until someone tried a SVG
import.

Thanks,
Richard