Le 2020-02-26 11:14, Nils Philippsen a écrit :

Well, if we officially were to break with the upgrade path constraints,
we'd have to document this. While we're at it, we should then document
that Rawhide users should use "dnf distro-sync".

That won’t work because (for example) rawhide is pulling forward *right* *now*, while F32 is not finished, so you have a *huge* time windows during which there is nothing to distro-sync with, and you still need to keep compat between rawhide and future-stable numbering.

If you don’t keep compat you can not solve post-beta-freeze issues by pulling in future-stable the rawhide packages that solve those issues. And there will be some of those. Otherwise beta would be the same thing as definite release.

Reagrds,

--
Nicolas Mailhot