On 3/20/20 9:25 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 6:06 AM Panu Matilainen <pmati...@redhat.com> wrote:

On 3/16/20 6:25 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:

I'm glad to *finally* see this happen, so congratulations to the RPM
team for finally making this a reality! I look forward to trying this
out in Rawhide as soon as possible.

FWIW, those who want an early taste, you can try my rpm-snapshot repo:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/pmatilai/rpm-snapshot/

I run those snapshots on my own laptop at all times so it's not supposed
or expected to eat your disk or anything like that, but caveat emptor.

I've been running the snapshots for a few days now, and it seems to be
somewhat faster than BDB on my machine. Generally haven't seen any
issues so far!

Cool, that's the expectation.

Though out of curiosity, have you done some performance analysis on
this to show off to everyone?

Not really, as performance is not what this is all about at this point. I've only really cared that it's on the ballpark with the thing its replacing, and in many cases it ends up being a bit faster. Which is not bad at all considering it's doing per-package ACID transactions on the database level, whereas BDB is most certainly is not (and is significantly slower if made to do that)

        - Panu -