On 3/28/20 2:01 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
So, my concern here is timeline vs the upcoming datacenter move. ;(

Do you have any ideas when rpm 4.16 will be released? I don't see any
dates on the change. Or perhaps I guess the question is when it will
land in rawhide?

RPM 4.16 alpha was released last week and will land in rawhide tomorroish if the change is accepted by FESCo (which seems very likely).
Final version should be out well before F33 beta.

As soon as it lands in rawhide we need to upgrade the builders to the
rawhide rpm and set macros so it uses bdb for everything but rawhide.
It's very likely however that builders will still be Fedora 31 at that
point. (If that matters for rpm any).

Or I suppose we could try and get mock's bootstrapping working before
then.

No such things needed at this time. The database change is a separate change and does NOT come bundled with RPM 4.16, we'll only even consider switching that once 4.16 has had a proper shakedown.

In either case, it may be hard to have cycles for this while datacenter
move is happening. It would help if we had a ballpark at least for when
it will land / some folks willing to get bootstrapping working in koji.

Or what would you think of the idea of landing it in rawhide, but
keeping default bdb until after we have the move done and can upgrade
builders to f32?

This was the plan all along: the dust of RPM 4.16 landing in rawhide needs to settle first before any database changes are considered, excact schedule depending on all manner of things. I thought this was clear from the SQLite change proposal but guess not.

If it was up to us only, I recon we'd be looking to switch over to sqlite somewhere between 2-4 weeks from the time 4.16 lands in rawhide but our schedule is flexible here. What ballpark dates would we be looking at with the datacenter move and builder upgrade?

        - Panu -

kevin