On Wed, 2020-04-01 at 15:08 +0100, Leigh Griffin wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 2:47 PM Frank Ch. Eigler <f...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > > [...] Nor would it have helped with the SLA requirements and
> > > operational cost. [...]
> >
> > What reason is there to believe that a gitlab commercial SaaS might a
> > smaller operational cost?
> >

> I meant that in the sense of the time we invest in it to develop features,
> fix bugs, keep it on the air etc.

Has an actual cost evaluation been done that suggests the cost of
buying Gitlab SaaS will be less than the cost would be to hire
sufficient people to do that work, though? Or is this simply a case
where it's considered Good to spend money on outsourcing and Bad to
spend it on paying people, based on only an *assumption* that the
former is always cheaper?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey