20/4/3 10:06(e)an, Michal Konecny igorleak idatzi zuen:

> On 02/04/2020 23:51, Björn Persson wrote:
>> Paul Frields wrote:
>>> That statement rings hollow for me, when Github is arguably the single
>>> biggest vendor of open source in the world, no part of itself is open
>>> source, and thanks to its pervasiveness, open source has won the war
>>> of how development should work.
>> Github shows that *proprietary centralized services* are winning the war
>> of how development should work. Gitlab is a smaller, competing,
>> proprietary centralized service.
>>
>> This trend is not in any way unique to software development. Pretty much
>> everything is being consolidated into centralized services governed by a
>> small number of corporate behemoths. Every new thing is launched as a
>> proprietary service that captures the market before anyone has a chance
>> to develop a decentralized competitor. Even those decentralized networks
>> that have existed since the Internet was young are now degenerating into
>> centralized services. The smaller players will continue to be bought by
>> bigger competitors until there are only one or two services in the world
>> for doing whatever you want to do.
> There is plenty of decentralized open source solutions for plenty of
> services [0]. Unfortunately not for git forge.
>
> Michal
>
> [0] - https://fediverse.party/

But there is an initiative to federate git forges, and they plan to
implement it on gitlab. Oh sorry, I meant on pagure :)

https://forgefed.peers.community/

Pagure's decentralized PR workflow capabilities are great for this.

Julen Landa Alustiza <jla...@fedoraproject.org>