On Fri, Apr 3, 2020, 20:26 Randy Barlow <bowlofe...@fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On 4/3/20 3:08 PM, Leigh Griffin wrote:
> > It may have caught that for sure but it would have opened a lot more
> > problems as stakeholders try to counter each others requirements with
> > new more specific requirements to influence the decision.
>
> This is how software development is *supposed* to work.

This is how a specific flavour of software development works centered on a
singular product, with a shared vision. The CPE relationship with
stakeholders is unique, it's clear the visions are not aligned across all
bodies (and we do not expect it to be) and we don't have a product. We have
taken a more formal project requirements elicitation approach for this
phase.

It is the job of
> the product owner to resolve disagreements between stakeholders

That is what we are doing right now by engaging on the specific needs for
our Gitlab instance(s). We are doing this and over the next 2 weeks will be
engaging with each group on specifics now that a path has been set. At that
point the real disagreements can be decided upon by our product owner in
conjunction with stakeholders, this will not be a decision in a vacuum.

not to
> quash communication between them.

We didn't quash communication for reasons already mentioned. We didn't
facilitate it is a more accurate assessment, for which we have acknowledged
and apologized.