On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 11:45:26PM +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> On 10. 04. 20 9:03, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > >
> > > There is also this warning:
> > >
> > > $ fedpkg-stage build
> > > Could not execute build: Package 3dprinter-udev-rules-0.2.2-1.fc33 has
> > > already been built
> > > Note: You can skip this check with --skip-nvr-check. See help for more
> > > info.
> > >
> > > Because locally, it always thinks I'm at release 1.fc33, but this has been
> > > already built. With --skip-nvr-check, it works, obviously.
> > >
> > > I suppose this could be fixed (workarounded?) in fedpkg (it could default
> > > --skip-nvr-check if it finds the %autorel macro in the spec).
> >
> > Yes we're aware of this one and I thought we documented it but apparently we
> > only covered the part about the missing macros.
> >
> > I'll add this to the doc, thanks!
>
> I have found a slight issue with this approach.
>
> 1. Packager A clones package P (has %autorel)
> 2. Packager B pushes+builds some changes in package P
> 3. Packager A runs `fedpkg build --skip-nvr-check` without pulling first
>
> At 3, the old version of the package gets rebuilt and gets a higher EVR.
>
> See the build/3dprinter-udev-rules-0-0.2.2-7.fc33 and ...-6.fc33 tags in:
>
> https://src.stg.fedoraproject.org/rpms/3dprinter-udev-rules/commits/master

It took me a little time to find it back, but I knew we had documented this as
this is something we are aware off:
https://docs.pagure.org/fedora-infra.rpmautospec/peculiarities.html#multiple-builds-from-a-given-commit

I wonder if we could teach fedpkg to check if there are new commits in a branch
before it runs a fedpkg build and issue an error message if that is the case
(with the --I-know-what-I-am-doing argument of course).

Pierre