On 14. 05. 20 9:13, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
I have found a slight issue with this approach.

1. Packager A clones package P (has %autorel)
2. Packager B pushes+builds some changes in package P
3. Packager A runs `fedpkg build --skip-nvr-check` without pulling first

At 3, the old version of the package gets rebuilt and gets a higher EVR.

See the build/3dprinter-udev-rules-0-0.2.2-7.fc33 and ...-6.fc33 tags in:

https://src.stg.fedoraproject.org/rpms/3dprinter-udev-rules/commits/master
It took me a little time to find it back, but I knew we had documented this as
this is something we are aware off:
https://docs.pagure.org/fedora-infra.rpmautospec/peculiarities.html#multiple-builds-from-a-given-commit

Good. Sorry I've missed it.

I wonder if we could teach fedpkg to check if there are new commits in a branch
before it runs a fedpkg build and issue an error message if that is the case
(with the --I-know-what-I-am-doing argument of course).

It already stops if git knows your are not at origin/<branch>, but you need to fetch in order for this to work. So fedpkg would need to either:

 - always fetch (which is slow)
 - always ask the API (which might be slow, but it already asks koji)

--
Miro Hrončok